This position is responsible for statewide outreach, enrollment, and community engagement for Passport Health Plan. The Community Engagement Coordinator develops and implements community and outreach efforts which will further promote and strengthen Passport Health Plan’s position with members, potential members, community and civic organizations, business partnerships, and the general public statewide.
1. Member Outreach and Recruitment
• Works within assigned territory to provide education and resources regarding the Plan, Medicaid, and the Accountable Care Act
• Seeks opportunities to meet with key advocates, service providers, and community leaders within assigned territory to promote the Plan
• Create and execute events within assigned territories to provide member education to current membership
• Assumes role of advocate for special populations of the membership including limited English proficient persons, grandparents raising grandchildren, dual eligibles, disabled individuals, those with behavioral health concerns, and foster care children
2. Community and Civic Outreach
• Attends community partner and agency meetings, community and special events to provide education and serves as a company resource information to members, advocates and service agencies
• Serves on local and regional civic and agency boards as Medicaid Managed Care content expert and to promote the Plan
• Collaborates with faith based and ministerial organizations to provide resources and advocate on behalf of the community
• Fosters relationships with the local school systems, adult and migrant education, Family Resource and Youth Service Center Coordinators, public and private school counselors, and school nurses to address issues regarding uninsured families and provide resources to assist families in applying for coverage
• Participates in local, regional, and statewide events to promote the Plan
• Builds new relationships and maintain existing ones through various means of communications
3. Business Partnership
• Participates in chamber and business association meetings to promote the plan, foster support and educate through speaking engagements and educational materials
• Schedules face to face appointments with various business groups and associations to provide education about Medicaid, Passport Health Plan, and the enrollment process
• Provides Medicaid, Passport Health Plan, and Accountable Care Act education and promotion to employment agencies
• Identifies businesses located in communities identified as working families to provide educational and outreach materials
4. Project Management
• Researches territory to pinpoint areas where outreach opportunities exist
• Develops and implements outreach strategies to increase and maintain enrollment
• Creates and executes presentations and community education based on audience and regions
• Develops action plan for identified issues.
• Documents events, meetings, and encounters in database to fulfill Medicaid Marketing and Outreach guidance
• Works with team members to assist in reaching departmental enrollment goals and presence throughout the State.
5. Health Outcomes
• Coordinates educational and outreach opportunities with Medical Management to promote and enhance clinical programs offered by the Plan and support improved health outcomes.
• Collaborates with health and community to develop and implement outreach opportunities to promote clinical program to members, potential members, and general public
6. Meets or exceeds enrollment and retention targets as determined by market to in order to achieve corporate goals
7. Complies with Federal, State mandated rules, regulations, and contractual requirements as well as Passport Health Plan policies and procedures
8. Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Key Competencies/Success Factors:
• Lives the values: Integrity, Community, Collaboration and Stewardship, as defined in the performance appraisal.
• Excellent oral presentation skills
• Excellent priority and time management skills
• Demonstrated event planning and coordination abilities
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and excellent organizational skills
• Must have ability to positively interact and communicate with people of varying levels of education and background
• Work schedule will include nights, weekends, and up to 75% travel monthly
• Can work from remote locations and/or office setting with minimal supervision
• Reliable transportation and active automobile insurance
ADA Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stationary position: Must be able to remain in stationary position 75% of the time.
• Use of hands: Continuous use of computer, telephonic and other electronic equipment.
• Communicate: Frequent verbal and written communication.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting. The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet.
• The position requires that the associate commute to off-site locations to complete PHP business. The associate may be exposed to outside weather conditions during these commutes.